Art Director (m/f)
IVY & OAK is a Berlin-based direct-to-consumer fashion brand for women contemporary occasionwear launched in May 2016. Our mission is to combine the best that fashion has to offer: High-quality clothing that is not only inspiring and easy to wear but also affordable and made to last.
IVY & OAK is one of the fastest growing European fashion labels selling through our own online shop, own retail store and various fashion platforms across the borders of Europe.
We are set to enter the next exciting phase of rapid growth over the coming years and are looking to significantly strengthen our team.
- Creative development and implementation of the brand strategy and consolidation of the corporate identity and corporate design (website, social media, packaging, employer branding, retail, etc.)
- You conceive and design all marketing activities, from concept through to implementation (print and digital) with great attention to detail
- Mapping out a seasonal campaign plan – you will create its contents, draw up guidelines and give it its visual identity
- Creative direction, supervision and production of new and inspiring content, with a focus on quality and dynamism in the visual language
- You will be responsible for all our photo shoots – from the creative concept through to preparation, active involvement and selection of the final images. You will ensure consistency across all deliverables, taking into account styling, photography and hair & make-up
- You will take on the post-production process, coordinating and collaborating closely with photographers with regard to retouches, final image selection and editing
- Planning, organisation and realisation of our creative projects
- Close collaboration with our sales, marketing, web development, design and retail teams
- Supervision and coordination of different agencies plus advertising and print service providers, including budget planning and cost control
- While the role centres around your creativity, you will never lose sight of the budget allocated for your projects or of the internal and external processes involved
- You will ideally have completed a degree in art direction or hold a related qualification in media or communication design
- At least five years of experience as a graphic designer/art director in a creative agency or within a company’s creative department, preferably in a fashion environment
- Several years of professional experience in conceptualisation, creation, design and image processing
- Good command of all design-related programs in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and all current Office programs
- Excellent feel for aesthetics and design, creation, typography and usability
- High degree of initiative, an ability to work under pressure and a highly flexible attitude
- Analytical thinking and a structured approach to work
- Excellent spoken and written English
- An entrepreneurial, high-impact experience at a well-funded and one of the fastest-growing D2C brands in Europe
- A chance to independently develop and shape IVY & OAK’s visual image
- An open and transparent company culture with highly motivated colleagues at our lovely office in the heart of Berlin
- A great employee discount on our whole collection
SOUNDS EXCITING? What are you waiting for? We are looking forward to receiving your application, sent to email@example.com.